Friday, April 21, 2017

List of Dr. Who Actors

A Five and Dime list of Dr. Who Actors

As you may recall I was sharing with you a quote from Freema Agyeman where she said
 "I constantly make lists and itineraries and then can't stick to any of them.". Tweet this quote

What better lead-in to talk about the various actors who have played Dr. Who on television over the many years

I remember watching Dr. Who when I lived in England and I have to confess the Daleks had me having a few nightmares ( times sure have changed)

Before sharing with you the list of played Dr. who actors, I thought it would be useful and entertaining for all of you to know more about Dr. Who.
Here is a good blog post from the good people at Mental floss titled sharing 20 Fascinating facts about Dr. Who.  and  here are a couple of  things I learned ~

1.  The first doctor's health problems led to the idea of regeneration. I am very glad they did this as this show has been a part of my life since childhood

2. One of the show's original creators was not happy about the Daleks.  Well heck, I wasn't happy about them either, I had nightmares about them, not because they were your typical monster but because the were ...oops I'm giving it away ...sorry!
Maybe take a moment and read these fascinating facts..they will open your eyes to the amazing Dr.Who.

and now to the list of Dr. Who actors





William Harnell first Dr. Who
William Hartnell.  First Doctor from November 23, 1963 -October 29, 1966

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."
The Dalek Invasion of Earth"




Patrick Troughton second Dr. Who
Patrick Troughton.  Second Doctor from November 23, 1966, to June 21, 1969


There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in. They must be fought.
"The Moonbase"



JOn Pertwee third Dr. Who
Jon Pertwee. Third Doctor from January 3, 1970, to June 8, 1974


A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.
"The Time Warrior"








Tom Baker fourth Dr. Who
Tom Baker.  Fourth Doctor from June 8, 1974, to March 21, 1981


The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering
"The Face of Evil"






Peter Davison fifth Dr. Who
Peter Davison. Fifth Doctor from March 21, 1981, to March 16, 1984


I tried keeping a diary once. Not chronological, of course. But the trouble with time travel is, one never seems to find the time.
"The Caves of Androzani"








Colin Baker sixth Dr. Who
Colin Baker. Sixth Doctor from March 16, 1984, to December 5, 1986


Well, look at me. I'm old, lacking in vigour, my mind's in turmoil. I no longer know if I'm coming, have gone, or even been. I'm falling to pieces. I no longer even have any clothes sense... Self-pity is all I have left.
"The Twin Dilemma"





Sylvester McCoy seventh Dr. Who
Sylvester McCoy. Seventh Doctor from September 7, 1987, to December 6, 1989


 Every great decision creates ripples, like a huge boulder, dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences.
"Remembrance of the Daleks"





Paul McGann eighth Dr. Who
Paul McGann. Eighth Doctor from May 27, 1996, to May 27, 1997. This wonderful Eighth Doctor has his own story to tell


Do you feel that pounding in your heart? That tightness in the pit of your stomach? The blood rushing to your head? Do you know what that is? That's adventure! The thrill and the fear and the joy of stepping into the unknown. That's why we're all here, and that's why we're alive!
 "Storm Warning"




Christopher Eccleston ninth Dr. Who
Christopher Eccleston.  Ninth Doctor from March 26, 2005, to June 18, 2005


The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guidebook, you've gotta throw yourself in. Eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers—or is that just me?
"The Long Game"





David Tennant tenth Dr. Who
David Tennant. Tenth Doctor from June 18, 2005, to January 1, 2010


I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
 "Voyage of the Damned"






Matt Smith eleventh Dr. Who
Matt Smith. Eleventh Doctor from Jan 1, 2010, to December 25, 2013

Imagine you were dying.
Imagine you were afraid, a long way from home, in terrible pain. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse... you looked up, and saw the face of the devil himself."
 "The Wedding of River Song"






Peter Capaldi twelfth Dr. Who
Peter Capaldi. Twelfth Doctor from December 25.2013 to present time (2017).  Another story that might have Dr. Who seeing a huge shake-up

"So there's this man. He has a time machine. Up and down history he goes, zip zip zip zip zip, getting into scrapes. Another thing he has is a passion for the works of Ludwig van Beethoven. And one day he thinks, "What's the point of having a time machine if you don't get to meet your heroes?" So off he goes to 18th-century Germany. But he can't find Beethoven anywhere. No-one's heard of him, not even his family have any idea who the time traveller is talking about. Beethoven literally doesn't exist. (This didn't happen, by the way. I've met Beethoven. Nice chap. Very intense. Loved an arm-wrestle. No, this is called "The Bootstrap Paradox". Google it.) The time traveller panics, he can't bear the thought of a world without the music of Beethoven. Luckily he'd brought all his Beethoven sheet music for Ludwig to sign. So he copies out all the concertos and the symphonies... and he gets them published. He becomes Beethoven. And history continues with barely a feather ruffled. But my question is this. "Who put those notes and phrases together?" Who really composed Beethoven's 5th?"
"Before the Flood"


A very grateful resource:  Dr. Who Quotes

Dr. Who Time and space SlideShare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavens to mergatroid of course I'd love to hear your thoughts about this list and I'll make every effort to reply to your comment as quick as I can- yes really!